Finally, last weekend we started on the first project of the exterior: My Front Porch. Originally, the house just had cement stairs leading to the front door. I think this cheapened the look of the home, it needed a decent front porch to help balance the house.
There wasn't much room to build a proper southern porch, but we created a nice landing and stairs. We added two columns for balance and some railings.
I have to wait 30 days for the lumber to acclimate to the weather before I can paint. But eventually it will be navy blue and white. I will have my address numbers on the left column.
We are all decorated for Halloween, so hopefully I will get many Trick-or-treators to try out my new porch!
Here is a side by side comparison before and after.
I know it doesn't look like much now, but after we vinyl side the house things will be looking good.