After reading the blog and learning it was her grandma's recipe, I had high hopes it would be delicious! It also only had 7 ingredients, all of which I had on hand. And with Hot Fudge in the title, I was sold. I could eat just hot fudge (no ice cream) and be a happy camper.
4 ounces unsalted butter
1 ½ squares unsweetened baking chocolate (1.5 ounces)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an eight-inch diameter pie plate or cake pan – I used a 9 inch, which made my pie a little thinner.
- Melt butter and chocolate - I also used the microwave to do this, very easy.
- Mix sugar into beaten eggs, combine until sugar is fully incorporated.
- Mix in butter-chocolate mixture until completely blended.
- Add vanilla and milk. Stir well.
- Fold in flour, mixing just until no white streaks remain – do not overbeat.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
|Out the Oven|
I did have some trouble determining if it was done. I knew it would have a fudgey texture so the toothpick trick wasn't going to help. I let my pie bake a few extra minutes, and then let it cool.
We didn't eat the pie until hours later, so it wasn't all hot and gooey like the blog directed. I did warm it in the microwave before adding the ice cream.
This pie is amazing! The texture is fudgey and its so chocolaty! I will definitively be making this again. Grandmother Jessie - thank you for this recipe!